Sunday, March 6, 2011

Rose Moisturizer

This is a light and smooth face moisturizer. It wears well under makeup and won't make your face feel greasy. I use this every morning after I wash my face. I find that it tightens and smooths my skin. This recipe is for a 1 ounce jar:



  • Jojoba oil. 1/2 teaspoonDesert Essence Jojoba Oil for Hair, Skin & Scalp 4 fl oz (120 ml).
  • Aloe. 4 1/2 teaspoons. Make sure you purchase the purest aloe possible. I order mine from Mountain Rose Herbs. The Aubrey Organics brand aloe is good as well, and you can purchase it at most local health food stores ( Aubrey Organics - 100% Pure Aloe Vera Gel, 4 fl oz gel ).
  • Vitamin E oil. 1/8 teaspoon
  • Vegetable glycerin. 1/4 teaspoon. I use this one: Vegetable Glycerin 4 Ounces.
  • Rose essential oil. 5 drops. I use Rose Absolute essential oil, but there are other rose oils that will work just as well.
  • Rosemary Antioxidant. 2 drops. This is a natural preservative that will extend the shelf life of your moisturizer. It can also be used as a preservative for food products. I got mine from Mountain Rose Herbs. A small bottle of this stuff will last you for years.

Combine the jojoba oil and aloe in a 1 ounce jar. Stir very well, until the mixture reaches a smooth, creamy consistency. Add the remaining ingredients and stir. Note that the consistency of your moisturizer will vary, depending on the type of aloe you have. A more gel like aloe will produce a thicker, creamier mixture. Watery aloe will produce a more watery mixture that is likely to separate. This is okay, it just means that you should shake the jar before each use. 

Note: Aloe is water based, so it does not always mix with oil  easily. In commercial products, there are chemicals used which suspend the oil particles, making them easy to mix with water-based ingredients. I choose to skip these chemicals and go the small extra step of just shaking my homemade products before each use.

No comments:

Post a Comment